I occasionally run TFP (time for portfolio) sessions to keep my portfolio fresh while respecting my privacy commitment to clients. It's also my way of supporting local aspiring talent. I post TFP calls on local artist community FB pages, usually with a description of what I am looking for - maybe I'm exploring a new lighting setup or concept, or perhaps looking to capture images to support an article I'm writing. It varies.
I do not give much notice, maybe a few days, nor do I run a waiting list. I do not book TFP sessions in advance (so please don't send me a message asking for one). Where I post depends on what I'm working on - although I do tend to focus on actors, models and the occasional comedian.
So, how do you get a TFP session? Be active in your community so you see my TFP calls. If you happen to see a current call, send me a DM with your current headshot (no pic, no response, sorry) stating that you agree to my TFP terms below. Responding to an expired TFP call does not count.
You must be 18 (or older), or have your legal guardian agree to the terms and be present during the shoot.
By accepting a TFP session, you are agreeing to the following terms. Once you book a TFP session, you forfeit the right to disagree with these terms. Please read carefully.
1. No money changes hands. There are no hidden fees.
2. As copyright owner, I grant you unrestricted licence-free use in perpetuity of all images selected during the session for marketing, advertising, and other self-promotion by any means, including but not limited to social media, website, print, discussion forums and competitions. You agree to not sell the image or licence use of the image to a third party.
3. As the subject, you grant me unrestricted royalty-free use in perpetuity of your likeness in all images selected during the session for marketing, advertising, and other self-promotion by any means, including but not limited to social media, website, print, discussion forums and competitions. I will not sell your likeness or licence use of your likeness to a third party.
If you ask a question and just get a number as a response, think of it as a treasure hunt. Best to read to the end.
5. Each TFP session will have a specific look that I am targeting as outlined in the TFP call. While I'd love to hear your ideas, please don't feel bad if I don't act on them immediately. Let's call it photographer's prerogative.
6. Duration of each session varies with what I'm trying to do. Headshot sessions are typically 60 min long. Fashion and portrait sessions tend to be longer. Each session ends with 'image selection' where we pick the top 5-10 shots that both you and I both love. The rest are immediately deleted. High-res versions of all selected images will be delivered the next day by private secure download from 200f2.photo.
7. Sorry, only one person per TFP session and only one TFP session per person. However, once I have you in front of my camera, you qualify for my returning customer discount.
8. Please arrive on time. Sessions end on time (even if you're late).
9. HMUA is not provided unless clearly stated. Feel free to bring your own. Read this link for general guidance for hair, makeup, wardrobe and accessories.
10. Last minute cancellations and no shows go on my “no TFP for you” list. You stay on this list for 2 years.
11. We will be shooting at my home studio in Orleans at 1926 Leclair Crescent. I have a dog and 4 cats, so please dose up on your allergy meds if you need to.
12. Nope, I don’t pick up, drop off or pay for uber. Bus routes 94 and 30 are good choices.